Meet Bella Thomas, the creative Australian model whose photos and looks we cannot get enough of.
We love how she seems to be as happy in front of the camera as behind it and how her photos take us to an endless Summer wherever we are. Bella’s elegance, style and keen eye resonate deeply with our aesthetic at Norte.
- We love your photos and aesthetics. In your Instagram account, you present yourself as “some kind of artist” what does this mean to you?
Some kind of artist means that I don’t yet hold myself to doing one thing. Maybe one day I will, but at the moment I dabble in a lot - and to be transparent, I’m still working it all out.
- Did you always know that you wanted to be a model?
No, not exactly. When I was younger, I wanted to be a vet, then an oceanographer & then a fashion designer. While my love for the fashion industry developed, I fell into modeling.
- How would you describe your personal style?
Laid back, comfortable, classic and sometimes surprising.
- We love the Arosa dress you chose from Norte. How do you style it?
I love this dress. It’s so easy to wear and style for any occasion. I wear it with a black sandal and slicked hair.
- Here at Norte, we believe in having a curated, not cluttered wardrobe full of timeless and versatile pieces that you want to keep forever. Can you tell us about any pieces in your wardrobe that you love and have had for years?
I love this too. I always make sure to only purchase pieces that will last a lifetime and clothes I will wear season to season. I have had my black Celine sandals for a few years now, I never plan on parting ways with them.
- Is sustainability important to you and how do you make it part of your life and style?
Sustainability is so important to me. I don’t buy what I do not need, and I make an effort to be aware and educated of my impact on the environment.
- What is your favorite part of your job as a model?
I love working with different people every day. I have met so many incredible and inspiring people.
- We saw on your Instagram that you made some beautiful ceramic plates, can you tell us more about this hobby? What are some other things you like to do outside of your job?
Yes! I have started a project with a close friend of mine. We make ceramics. Check it out, with form.
- What would your dream project be?
To have a business where all the profits go to children’s education in developing countries.
- What is your favorite way to unwind after a long day?
A wholesome dinner and long chats with my love.
- Where did you grow up? do you think the place and the way you grew up shaped your personality or aesthetic?
I grew up in Sydney by the ocean. This impacted my intense love for nature, also my laid-back style.
- If you have a day off, what is your favorite way to spend it?
At the beach.
- What are your three favorite things to do in Sydney?
Swimming at my favorite spots, cooking a feast with some friends and driving down the coast for the weekend. Australia is so beautiful; I am so grateful to have grown up here.